- Shipping Weight: 35 pounds
- Shipping: Shipping is available to select countries outside U.S.
- The model of this bike is 550-SHADOW-BLK-50-P for your information and ASIN- B00DY0QN7M.
Have you been searching for an easy way to commute? Are you concerned about your fitness level and considering bike riding as an alternative to gym? If you are, then the Vilano Shadow Road Bike perfectly fits your bill. It offers a great bargain with a reasonable price and it is perfect for exercising, commuting and club rides. It is a high-performance entry level road bike which has been designed keeping in mind the comfort of its riders. It comes with Shimano STI shifters which allow lightening fast shifting. The frame is light which makes the bike even faster. The bike has been equipped with alloy calliper brakes for smooth and precise braking.
- This bike comes in 4 different sizes for your convenience: 50cm.; 54cm.; 58cm.; 60cm.
- It has: 6061 double butted frame, made from aluminium, Shimano and Shimano Trouney front and rear Derailleurs; Double Alloy crank set and CNC alloy machined sides (700-c doubled walled ); Shimano freewheel (7 speed); The brakes are Dual Pivot Alloy Caliper and KMC chain; 1 & 1/8″ headset, which is integrated; alloy handle bars; alloy 27.2 seat post; Anatomic comfort saddle and 14 speed gear; the tires are 700 c x 25 c.
Vilano Shadow Road Bike offers a complete package of comfort, performance and style. If you are a rookie in biking, Vilano Shadow offers you a great bargain. The frame is light but strong which makes the bike very light. Although it could have been a bit lighter, it is not bad and the bike performs really well. The Shimano shifters do a very good job and the braking is excellent. The front and rear derailleurs are extremely well-tuned which result in smooth shifting. The bike has a nice and stylish look which adds up to the value you get. The bike is available in different sizes and following is a rough guide that you can use while ordering one.
Height 5’2’’ to 5’6’’ : 50 cm
Height 5’7’’ to 5’11’’ : 54 cm
Height 5’11’’ to 6’2’’ : 58 cm
Height > 6’2’’ : 60 cm
Setting up the bike might be a bit of hassle if you have not done anything like this before. There are no printed instructions available which might come to your aid. So consider taking it to the local bike shop if you are facing any difficulty in assembling it.
While riding, you have to reach out with your fingers to get to the shifters and if you have small hands, you’re going to feel a tad uncomfortable. The seat is not as good as you would have expected it to be and you might want to change it if you’re planning to ride long and hard. The pedals also require some attention before it is ready for a long trip along the roads.
Overall, if you’re a beginner looking to get into biking, thisVillano Shadow Road Bike can be a great option. It offers a high performance and smooth biking experience at an affordable cost and you definitely get value for the bucks that you spend on it.